Today I had the great pleasure of performing Master of Cermony duties at the 2011 Medibank Active Tasmania Awards in Hobart.
There was a high number and standard of entries in this year's awards and the judges had a difficult job selecting the winners in each category. It is great to see so many innovative, interesting and fun physical activity initiatives that promote and encourage Tasmanian's to be active and healthy as part of everyday life.
Well done to all the entrants and congratulations to the Triabunna District High School for taking out the overall award for this year.
Well done to Kristy, Michelle, Joy and the team from Premier's Physical Activity Council. It was a pleasure working with you and a great event. Thank you also to Medibank, the naming rights sponsor for the seventh year running.
It's not too early to start thinking about entering a physical activity initiative into the 2012 awards. Check out the website for more information: www.getmoving.tas.gov.au
The winners in each category for 2011:
Local Government - City Award:
- Winner: Burnie City Council, The Burnie Challenge
Local Government - Other Award:
- Commendation: Kingborough Council, Retired Not Expired
- Winner: West Coast Council, Renovate and Create for increased Sport and Recreation Opportunities.
School or Group of Schools Award
- Commendation: Don College, the Kakka Challenge
- Winner: Triabunna District High School, Living and Learning on the Coast
Community Organisation Award:
- Commendation: ParaQuad Association of Tasmania, Sport for Everyone
- Winner: Tasmanian Bicycle Users Group, On Your Bike!
Collaboration and Partnership Award:
- Commendation: Clarendonvale Primary School and Bellerive Police and Citizens club
- Winner: Cradle Coast Authority, Cradle coast Healthy Communities
- Whole of Community Award: Circular Head Council
- Innovation Award: General Practice South
- Diversity Award: Claremont College
- Encouragement Award: Tascare Society for Children and TADTAS
Move Well, Eat Well Award: Clarendon Vale Primary School
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Melissa Carlton OAM
I'm privileged to be invited to participate and support a range of community groups, clubs and events. These are just some of the stories from these occasions!